~ AMBROSE TWINS BIRTHDAY ~
June 11th marks the birthday of Nina and Lou Ambrose! Happy birthday ladies!
(I will edit this post with their birthday art when I finish it ;-P Here's the sketch though...)
I feel like it's pretty obvious that I love the twins a lot. They're definitely up there for characters I enjoy writing the most because of their very detailed dynamic. Maybe I should write a short story to show off their relationship sometime.
Similarly to Atlas' birthday post, I'm going to delve into how the twins first came about. They were actually created separately, so I'm going to go in chronological order.
NINA:
Nina was the first of the twins to be conceptualized. Her initial concept actually came before (Sep2024) I got obsessed with Dolly and Atlas (Oct2024) again, so she was merely just a concept at first. I was inspired to make Nina after watching a particular musician's (try figure it out lol) performance which gave me the mental image of a beautiful evil sexy cyborg woman with long black flowy hair.
(Pictured: Nina's first ever concepts. She's deviated quite a bit from this, but I think you can see where she evolved. This design is going to be repurposed for the twins' mother [the long flowy hair].)
Her concept floated around in my head for a while until I started developing Aquamarine further. My brilliant idea was to make her the "Boss" of Aquamarine and thus the first iteration of Nina was born. Nina's role in Aquamarine has changed a bit over the years and now she's the "head mechanic" as well as the daughter of Aquamarine's matriarch, Dr Nicole Ambrose. Nepotism :P
"Boss" still exists in current Aquamarine, though. Most facility members call her "Boss" instead of her name.
LOU:
Lou's concept came around in late October 2024 so I had been obsessing over Aquamarine for a few weeks at that point. I don't remember exactly why I made her, but I was likely just thinking about making more characters and I thought to make a nurse or a doctor of some sort. FFXIV Dawntrail was still brand new and Honey B Lovely is a character that I really love. I wanted a bug-ish character with a sweet exterior but a bit of a poisonous interior, just like Honey B Lovely.
(Pictured: Lou's first ever concepts from my notebook. I wanted her to have antennae-like hair. I thought about Larxene from Kingdom Hearts the most while sketching her out.)
She came to me super super naturally and honestly Lou's design is the one I'm most proud of amongst my OCs. As a result, her design has remained untouched unlike her sister. I think if I held a poll, people would probably vote Lou as their top favourite design...
Sometimes I feel bad because I feel like she leans too far into the sexy nurse/doctor aesthetics too much (I settled on doctor on the end by the way. Lou is a surgeon!) ... But I think it's fine. Her cleavage is covered! She just has big boobs! If anything, Nina's worse because her boobies are literally out in the open.... Anyway... I feel like I'm bastardizing the occupations LOL. I think it's just costsumey at most with the prominent spiked shoulders, unconventional white coat shape, huge pink gloves and obviously her spiky ponytail. It's not like my other OCs are particularly realistic either LOL.
The idea of her being Nina's younger twin sister came along while doodling. I probably thought that the gap in personality was good (I still do!). The twins are both gossips, but the difference is that Lou loves talking to people and Nina hates talking to people.
Over time the twins' hair colour went from black to eventually more green... Its probably because I love sexy bespectacled babes and I also love green-haired anime girls.
~
The Ambrose twins are very near and dear to my heart. I can't believe so much time has passed since I first made them and I hope I can celebrate more of their birthdays in the future. Unlike Atlas, I decided on their birthday instead of making it the days they were made (since they were made separately too lol) and settled on June 11. It's very on the nose... A gemini birthday on the 11th... 11 looking like two people. A lot of Aquamarine's birth dates are very on the nose but I'll reveal them along with each birthday post *~(>_o)
❤ Happy birthday Nina! Happy birthday Lou! ❤



No comments:
Post a Comment